Professional Occupational Health Support
Your employees are your company's most valuable resource, but often the most expensive too – especially when they are ill and unable to work. As an example, a recent Government study calculated that over 170 million working days and £100bn are lost each year to sickness absence.
It's not just the damage to profits that needs consideration. There are legal obligations to its employees that a company has to meet, no matter how large or small that company is, such as the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (1999).
The goal of occupational health is keeping your workforce well enough to do their job, and so it focuses on the relationship between health and work. It’s a two-way relationship: a worker’s health will affect their ability to work or the type of work they can do, while the work itself may have the potential to affect a worker’s health.
Hall & Angus, in association with Black and Banton's workplace services, target three key areas to minimise employee health issues:
- Health surveillance
- Pre-employment and workplace medicals
- Hand Arm Vibration testing
- Hearing, vision, lung function testing
- Health promotion and wellbeing campaigns
- Flu, travel and workplace vaccinations
- Counselling for personal or workplace issues
- Blood testing
- Musculoskeletal assessments
- Sports injury and deep tissue massage
- Ofqual-standard First Aid training for designated employees
- Basic Life Support, Anaphylaxsis, CPR and AED
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Health & Safety In The Workplace
- Manual Handling and Assisting and Moving Individuals
- Display Screen Equipment safety
- Fire Safety in the Workplace and Fire Marshall training
- Risk Assessment
- Medication Handling and Provision
- Food Safety in Catering
- Stress Awareness & Management
- Conflict Management
- Personal Safety
For more information about our services please contact us.